IG Menu
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Pay issues are best serviced by the relevant Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) office. The following numbers are provided for your reference:

Military Pay:  1-888-332-7411
Army Military Pay:  1-888-729-2769
Civilian Pay:  1-800-538-9043 (DFAS Indianapolis) or 1-800-729-3277 (DFAS Cleveland)
Retired Military:  1-800-321-1080
Retired Civilian:  1-888-767-6738
Contract/Vendor Pay:  1-800-756-4571

To file a complaint regarding your pay and allowance issues, you may send correspondence to: dfas.cleveland-oh.hi.mbx.investigation-hotline@mail.mil

Wounded Warrior Resources


  • The National Resource Directory (NRD), also known as the Wounded Warrior Resource Center, is a website that connects wounded warriors, Service Members, Veterans, and their families with those who support them. The NRD is a partnership between the Departments of Defense, Labor, and Veterans Affairs (VA). 
  • This site provides access to services and resources at the national, state, and local levels to support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration. Visitors can find information on a variety of topics including benefits & compensation, education & training, employment, family & caregiver support, health, suicide prevention, homeless assistance, housing, transportation & travel, as well as many other services and resources. 
  • If you are a military veteran and are in emotional crisis, the VA (partnered with Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services) developed the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-TALK). You may call this line 24/7, free of charge, to speak with a trained counselor.
  • The Veterans Crisis Line:  800-273-TALK (8255)
  • National Call Center for Homeless Veterans:  877-4AID-VET (424-3838)
  • Veterans Affairs Caregiver Support Line:  855-260-3274
  • Wounded Warrior Resource Center:  800-342-9647
    Wounded Warrior Program (AW2)
    Telephone: 877-393-9058; DSN 312-221-9113
    E-Mail: AW2@conus.army.mil
    Website:  http://wtc.army.mil/aw2/
    Telephone: 877-746-8563
    E-Mail:  safeharbor@navy.mil
    Website:  http://safeharbor.navylive.dodlive.mil/
    Wounded Warrior Regiment
    Telephone:  877-487-6299 (24 hours; 365 days of the year)
    Website:  http://www.woundedwarriorregiment.org/
    Wounded Warrior Program (AFW2)
    Telephone:  800-581-9437
    E-Mail:  afwounded.warrior@randolph.af.mil
    Website:  http://www.woundedwarrior.af.mil
  • Another great resource for military personnel and their families is Military OneSource. Whether it is help with child care, personal finances, emotional support during deployments, relocation information, or resources needed for special circumstances, Military OneSource is available for resource assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year at: http://www.militaryonesource.mil, or over the phone at 800-342-9647.



  • With respect to resources DoD may have for service members having difficulties with re-adjustment or post traumatic stress disorder, the following information is offered by the official DoD website:
  • Survivor Support Groups: We recommend that the first stop for family members be to contact the Family Support Center, chaplain, or Life Skills Support Center (LSSC) for assistance with locating survivor support groups in the community. The list below includes a number of private, as well as government, resources. Listing of the private sites is not intended as an official endorsement of those programs.
  • Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS): TAPS is a national network of peer support for military survivors. They provide referrals to grief counseling options. More information is available at: http://www.taps.org/
  • Emotional Distress & Stress management web sites listed below: